The Original Mike's Late Night Nachos
- 1 14 ounce bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 15 ounce jar salsa con queso
- 4-6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese + extra as desired
- 6 ounces chorizo (or 12 ounces if you want it meatier)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped or sliced into rings
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Fresh tomato, diced
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream or Crema, if desired
- To a large oven-safe dish, add corn chips and spread them out. Pour salsa con queso over the top and mix well.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Heat a small pan to medium heat and add chorizo. Cook about 8-9 minutes, or until chorizo is cooked through. Crumble over the top of the cheeses.
- Heat oven to 220 degrees and bake the dish until the cheeses melt through.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh jalapeno slices, avocado, tomato, and chopped cilantro, with crema if desired.
- Serve immediately and step back!