Lasagna Stuffed Meatloaf
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, quick oats or old fashioned oats slightly ground in a blender (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups, about 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1 Tablespoon parsley, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs or oats, 2 Tablespoons parsley, onion, garlic, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, and 2 lightly beaten eggs. Gently combine with your hands until blended, but try not to overwork the meat.
- On a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper, press the meat mixture into a 10x12-inch rectangle.
- Set aside 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese evenly over the ground beef about two inches from one of the short edges and an inch from the three remaining edges. Spread the ricotta cheese mixture evenly over mozzarella.
- Starting from the short egde with the cheese closest to it, roll up like a jelly roll, towards the end with the cheese two inches from the edge, lifting the wax paper or plastic wrap as you roll. Seal the end completely, and place seam-side down into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Press together any cracks,
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove pan from oven, pour the sauce over the meatloaf, and sprinkle with the reserved mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Return meatloaf to oven 15-20 minutes, or until no pink remains. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve.