Lemon Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
- 2 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 cloves , garlic
- 2 Cups Sodium reduced chicken broth
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Cups Fettuccine (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 lb Asparagus , trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and let cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, allowing the chicken to cook through and turn golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil, allowing to rest for 10 minutes for slicing.
- Melt butter in the same saute pan and saute garlic until fragrant then add broth, milk and salt to taste.
- Stir to scrape up browned pieces on bottom of pan.
- Bring to a boil then add pasta, cover and simmer for length of time indicated on pasta packaging. (8-11 minutes depending on variety of pasta)
- Place asparagus on top of pasta and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and stir in well.
- Mix chicken into the pasta and sauce. Allow to simmer if desired to allow sauce to thicken further